Diets high in sugar are strongly linked to an increased risk for obesity, type 2 diabetes, heart attacks and cancers. Moreover, many researches proved that sugar stimulates the pleasure centers in our brains in the same way that drugs do. This means an increased desire to eat more and more sugar.
How to get rid of sugar cravings in 5 steps:
- Eat two servings of fruit a day.
- Do not consume artificial sweeteners like aspartame and saccharin, and don’t drink diet sodas.
- Throw away all sweets and sugar in your house, in your bag and in your office drawer.
- Do some exercise, walk in nature, or listen to music.
- Try to consume too much magnesium to reduce craving for sugar. You can find magnesium in green leafy vegetables and legumes.